May 4, 2022
Advancing health equity calls for a new approach to leadership
A Health Equity Panel of Clinical Scholars alumni shared how their collaborative and systemic approaches were successful in reducing health disparities and how their teams were able to sustain and scale those efforts. The panel was moderated by Derrick Stephens, MBA, LCSW featuring:
- Michael Hasselberg, PhD, RN, PMHNP-BC
- Justine Woolner Wise, LMSW
- Jeremy Fletcher, PT, DPT, OCS
- Charles Moore, MD
- Tonita Smith, MSN
- Johanna Martinez, MD, MS
Health equity lessons learned
- Be nimble
- Be willing to be vulnerable
- Listen and learn from your community and interested parties
- Use numbers and narrative to share the story of the problem and solutions
- Don’t create unnecessary adversarial relationships
- Tell your story with intentionality and authenticity
- Be prepared with exit strategies
For all of the insights, watch the recording or read the Q&A highlights below:
Health equity leaders share their personal and professional stories
What personal shifts have you observed in how you approach your work and partnerships?
What did your team achieve? How did you define or redefine success over time?
What did sustainability look like for your wicked problem project?
How did you approach the scalability of your project?
What were some takeaways from the panel for you and your work?
Let us know in the comments.