This project will address the wicked problem of housing insecurity in two communities in Queens and Nassau counties. It will use a multi-level approach (patient, community, health workforce) to 1) improve preventive care use and disease management among patients with housing insecurity, 2) increase awareness and empower residents to develop community projects to address housing insecurity 3) equip health professionals with knowledge and skills to manage housing insecurity and associated social determinants of health.
LocationNew York, New YorkFocus Areas Community Impact Resources
- Health Equity Stories of Success, Sustainability & Scalability
- Five Ways To Improve Health Care for Immigrants
- For one U.S. immigrant family, short-term public aid meant long-term security
- Podcast: “Melanin, Medicine, and Motherhood”
- Trump Administration Moves To Penalize Immigrants For Using Government Benefits