Project: CASEY Health
CASEY Health is an interdisciplinary team of a dentist, clinical psychologist, dietitian, and two nurse practitioners from the University of Kentucky.
Our children are unhealthy and there is no holistic health education for elementary-aged children. Casey County, Kentucky is a region of high tobacco use, access to unhealthy foods, and sedentary lifestyles. At a local elementary school, 47% of students are classified as overweight or obese.
Our approach is to empower elementary aged children to be healthy through coordinated activities including:
- Peer youth model with high school health ambassadors delivering health curriculum
- Brief, regular, integrative, energetic, and fun (BRIEF) health lessons
- Scholarship fund for high school health ambassadors
Will be shared when project is completed at the end of 2022.
CASEY Health’s Poster Presentation
- Charles R. Carlson, PhD
- Julie Plasencia, PhD, RDN
- Angela Grubbs, DNP, APRN
- Audrey Darville, PhD, APRN
- Craig S. Miller, DMD, MS
LocationLexington, KentuckyFocus Areas Community Impact Resources