PROMISE is a trauma informed (T-I) and trauma responsive (T-R) community and school intervention to help children in an urban Southeastern Michigan community cope and thrive in the midst of high ACEs, poverty, community violence, premature death and other traumatic- and grief-related circumstances.
A multi-tiered approach will be applied to promote:
- Safe, supportive environments
- Shared understanding of trauma impacts, recognizing signs of traumatized individuals, preventing re-traumatization
- T-R interventions for those experiencing post- or secondary traumatic stress
LocationYpsilanti, MichiganFocus Areas Community Impact
- Collective Compassionate Actions: A Response to the Child Traumas of COVID-19
- Toolkit for PROMISE: A Community-Wide Trauma-Informed and Trauma-Responsive System