Community Impact: Infographic
Research has shown the interconnectedness of oral and overall health and how it impacts individuals’ physical, social, emotional, and economic well-being.
Highlighted below are two real-world examples of how interdisciplinary teams are collaborating to address health disparities and improve access to oral health care in their communities. View their toolkits below!
Low Resource Communities
Charles Moore, MD; Hope Bussenius, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC; and David Reznik, DDS teamed up to:
- Create a community-wide oral health network in Atlanta
- Develop curriculum for health care professionals
- Enhance the knowledge of dentists on oral cavity cancers
- Use innovative technology to reduce the burden of disease and increase access to health care
Children With Special Health Care Needs
Peter Scal, MD, MPH; Mark DeRuiter, MBA, PhD, CCC-A/SLP; and Jeffrey Karp, DMD, MS teamed up to:
- Discuss strategies to communicate and coordinate care
- Identify and address barriers to oral health care
- Provide strategies to address clinical challenges
- Share social and community supports
Are you currently working on or have an idea to address complex health challenges in your community?
Join our leadership network!
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Minneapolis, Minnesota