A.O. Fox Memorial Hospital
Oneonta, New York
Dr. Carolyn Wolf-Gould is a family physician and the Medical Director of Susquehanna Family Practice and The Gender Wellness Center, in Oneonta, NY. Dr. Wolf-Gould earned her BA from Hamilton College in 1983. She then served in the Peace Corps for two years, teaching fish farming in Zaire, Africa. She received her MD from Yale University School of Medicine in 1990. She and her husband participated in a one-year fellowship in international health through the American Medical Students Association, in Ghana, West Africa. She completed her residency in family practice at the University of Rochester.
Dr. Wolf-Gould and her husband Chris started their Family Practice in Oneonta in 1994. They have offered different services over the years, including obstetrical care, and inpatient and outpatient medical care. She saw her first transgender patient in 2007 and since this time, her practice in transgender health has steadily grown. The Gender Wellness Center now has four on-site medical providers, three mental health providers and has served over 500 transgender patients. She speaks frequently on issues related to transgender health, and trains medical students and residents in her office. She was one of the founding physicians for the Oneonta Community Health Center, a local free clinic for the uninsured. She participates in the Mali Education Initiative, a project to assist a school for disadvantaged youth in Mali, Africa.
- Influencing Policy: Inspiration and Tips for Health Care Providers
- Carolyn Wolf-Gould Honored with Marsha P. Johnson Award
- Bassett Pediatrician Creates State’s First Rural Pediatric Registry to Study Health Outcomes among Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Youth
- Bassett Welcomes Transgender Doctor for Talk
- For Transgender Youths in New York, It Would Be a Health Care Milestone