Community Impact: Infographic
We recognize the need for a diverse mix of health care providers working together in new ways.
For example, we know that pharmacists and others who may work outside a traditional clinical setting have a tremendous role in building a Culture of Health.
Highlighted below are two real-world examples of how interdisciplinary teams are collaborating to address health inequities and improve access to medicines in their communities.
Community-Led Response to Pharmacy Closures
Dima Qato, PharmD, MPH, PhD and Shannon Zenk, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN teamed up to:
- Increase awareness through town halls, media & a website
- Facilitate access with transportation vouchers & telepharmacy
- Community engagement
- Policy change
Veteran Peer Training to Prevent Opioid Misuse
Syed Ahmed, MD, MPH, DrPH; L. Kevin Hamberger, PhD; Kajua Lor, PharmD, BCACP; and Robert Hurley, MD, PhD teamed up to provide training on:
- Understanding the impact of trauma
- Trauma-informed care
- Science of pain & pain medication
- Influencing positive behavior change
- Self-care & wellness strategies
- Chicago, Illinois
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin