Three reasons your team should apply for Clinical Scholars:
1. Embark on a transformative personal and professional journey.
More often than not, health professional education and training does not provide the tools, knowledge, and skills providers need to lead significant change as both professionals and trusted members of communities. Clinical Scholars is designed to address that gap through leadership curriculum centered in equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Team projects receive grant funding up to $525,000 over three years while Fellows participate in the top-notch leadership development at no cost to themselves or their organizations.
2. Reinvent your roles, routines, and career paths.
Upon completion of Clinical Scholars, Fellows will have received the tools to:
- Understand their leadership style and how to be increasingly effective in leading and managing others, as well as working collaboratively and interprofessionally.
- Advocate for positive change within their teams, organizations, and communities.
- Promote creative thinking, innovation, and thought diversity.
- Understand how to appraise, synthesize, and use the best evidence to guide practice and inform policy.
- Communicate, engage, and negotiate in a manner that creates win/win outcomes for all stakeholders.
3. Connect across disciplines to create unexpected collaborations that bring fresh perspectives.
We recognize the need for a diverse mix of health care providers working together in new ways. For example, we know that pharmacists, dentists, social workers, and others who may work outside a traditional clinical setting have a tremendous role in building a Culture of Health. We also know that human health is tightly linked with animal and environmental health, so we see veterinarians as vital members of our teams.
Clinical Scholars is one of a number of national leadership programs supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), the nation’s largest health philanthropy. Together, these programs are building a network of strong, interdisciplinary leaders from every sector working to build a culture that provides everyone in America a fair and just opportunity for health and well-being.
“Being a Clinical Scholars Fellow is an opportunity of a lifetime! While increasing your skill set though leadership coaching and multiple access to resources, Fellows have the chance to change the lives of individuals as clinicians, transform organizations and communities though research and evidence-based practices while having access to a community of expert professionals.”
– Brenda Averett, MA, LSC, LPC, LSW
Does the opportunity to meet and grow as a leader with other passionate health care providers excite you?