Clinical Scholars selects up to 35 fellows each year. For more information on the teams we are looking for to be in the program, visit the Apply page.
Clinical Scholars Fellows develop leadership tools centered in equity, diversity, and inclusion through coaching, networking, and an evidence-based curriculum. The program includes seven in-person leadership sessions reinforced by distance-based learning that allows fellows to stay in their jobs and participate from their home communities so they can apply new learnings in real time.
The onsites are held at a state-of-the art executive education facility, near the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. These four to five-day intensives provide opportunities for in-depth work with recognized experts, simulations, leadership assessment feedback, and networking to promote maximum learning centered around equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The retreats are organized by colors of the visible color spectrum: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. The curriculum weaves together complementary core threads to create a strong net of skills, including individual and team leadership skills, technical skills, and systems-level skills. RWJF hosts a leadership institute each year in conjunction with the three other Leadership for Better Health programs.
- -CANCELLED- April 25-29, 2020: Spring Institute in Durham, NC
- -RESCHEDULED VIRTUALLY- June 6-9, 2020: Spring Institute
- -RESCHEDULED VIRTUALLY September 11-13, 2020: Cohort 2017 Violet Institute/Graduation*
- -RESCHEDULED VIRTUALLY October 26-30, 2020: Fall Institute
- Early 2021: RWJF Annual Leadership Institute in TBD
- April 10-15, 2021: Spring Institute in Durham, NC
- September TBD 2021: Cohort 2018 Graduation in TBD*
- October 23-27, 2021: Fall Institute in Durham, NC
- Early 2022: RWJF Annual Leadership Institute in TBD
- April 23-27, 2022: Spring Institute in Durham, NC
- September 9-11, 2022: Cohort 2019 Graduation in TBD*
- October 22-26, 2022: Fall Institute in Durham, NC
- Early 2023: RWJF Annual Leadership Institute in TBD
- April 22-26, 2023: Spring Institute in Durham, NC
- September 8-10, 2023: Cohort 2020 Graduation in TBD*
*Only the graduating cohort attends these onsites